Essential Bicycle Maintenance & RepairBook - 2012
Keep your bike on the road for the long haul Whether you're training, competing, or simply riding for fun, a properly tuned bike is essential to performance, efficiency, and safety. That's where Essential Bicycle Maintenance & Repair comes in.
Author Daimeon Shanks takes a straightforward "you can do it" approach to maintaining and repairing your bike so it's ready to go when you are.
Essential Bicycle Maintenance & Repair provides simple step-by-step instructions, accompanied by up-close photos, illustrations, and advice, for more than 100 repairs. You'll learn these skills and more:
- Adjust derailleurs and troubleshoot shifting problems.
- True your wheels and tweak your hubs for a silky-smooth ride.
- Install caliper, cantilever, or V-brakes.
- Repair a broken chain on the roadside.
- Fix flats in no time flat.
- Maintain pedals and cleats for efficiency and comfort.
- Install or adjust a headset.
- Install handlebars, including aero bars and flat bars.
- Adjust your saddle for a perfect fit.
- Determine if a triple crankset is right for you.
So spend more time in the saddle and less time and money in costly repair shops. Essential Bicycle Maintenance & Repai r is the one guide no cyclist should be without